SPRING BREAK DJEMBE CAMP WITH BOLOKADA CONDÉ
Daily Schedule: 9:00 am Arriving promptly Register & Setup
10:00 am - 12:30 pm Class 1 Rhythms & Solos
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm Class 2 Arrangements
Each day, Bolokada will teach a rhythm (dundun parts and accompa-niments), the story/history behind the rhythm, the songs that go with the rhythm, as well as spend time helping each student improve the clarity of their tones and slaps on the djembe.
The rhythm instruction will also include djembe solo phrases and variations for Kenkeni, Sangban and Dundunba.
Bolokada will teach a complete arrangement each day, and the class will focus on learning and practicing each arrangement, including songs and solo patterns.
* Admittance to evening events is included.
* Travel, meals, and accommodations are not included.
* The number of workshop participants is limited to 35 attendees per day.
* You are welcome to record the workshop as long as the audio/video recording(s) are used only to further your own personal education.
* If you have a djembe, please bring it. Bolokada will have several professional djembes from Guinea for use by students who do not have one; these will be available for purchase.
Checks and money orders are payable to Moussa Bolokada Conde. If you have questions, please email email@example.com